Business Partner Privacy Notice
Protecting the security and privacy of personal data of contact persons (each a “Business Partner Contact”) at our customers, suppliers, vendors and partners (each a “Business Partner”) is important to aquagroup AG, Am Forst 4, 92637 Weiden, Germany and its affiliated companies (together “aquagroup AG”). Therefore, aquagroup AG processes personal data in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
1. Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing and legal basis
In the context of the business relationship with Aquagroup AG, Aquagroup AG may processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with Business Partners about products, services and projects of aquagroup AG or Business Partners, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests;
- Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship with Business Partners; e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services;
- Administrating and performing customer surveys, marketing campaigns or events;
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), Business Partner compliance screening obligations (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes), and aquagroup AG policies or industry standards; and
- Solving disputes enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal
For the aforementioned purposes, aquagroup AG may process the following categories of personal data:
- Contact information, such as full name, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address,;
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention;
- Further information necessarily processed in a project or contractual relationship with aquagroup AG or voluntarily provided by the Business Partner Contact, such as orders placed, payments made, requests, and project milestones;
- Information collected from publicly available resources, integrity data bases and credit agencies; and
- If legally required for Business Partner compliance screenings: information about relevant and significant litigation or other legal proceedings against Business
The processing of personal data is necessary to meet the aforementioned purposes including the performance of the respective (contractual) relationship with Business Partners. Unless indicated otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 6 (1) (b) or (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation or – if explicitly provided by Business Partner Contacts – the consent (Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
If aquagroup AG does not collect the respective personal data, the purposes described may not be met by aquagroup AG.
2. Transfer and disclosure of personal data
If legally permitted to do so, aquagroup AG may transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
aquagroup AG commissions service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of aquagroup AG and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
3. Retention Periods
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of Business Partner Contact’s personal data (e.g. within a consent form accepted by Business Partner Contact), we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain personal data.
4. Right to withdraw consent
In case a Business Partner Contact declared its consent for the processing of certain personal data by aquagroup AG, the Business Partner Contact has the right to withdraw the consent at any time with future effect, i.e. the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In case consent is withdrawn, aquagroup AG may only further process the personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
5. Right of access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, restriction of processing, right to object to processing and right to data portability
Under applicable data protection law, an affected Business Partner Contact may – provided that the respective legal pre-conditions are met – have the right to:
- obtain from aquagroup AG confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning the Business Partner Contact are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- obtain from aquagroup AG the rectification of inaccurate personal data;
- obtain from aquagroup AG the erasure of Business Partner Contact’s personal data;
- obtain from aquagroup AG restriction of processing regarding the Business Partner Contact’s personal data;
- obtain from aquagroup AG a copy of personal data, which the Business Partner Contact actively provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request from aquagroup AG that we transmit those data to another recipient selected by the Business Partner Contact; and
- object, on grounds relating to the Business Partner Contact’s particular situation, to processing of personal
6. Data Privacy Contact
The aquagroup AG Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case a Business Partner Contact wish to exercise any of its data privacy related rights as mentioned in Section 5 above. The aquagroup AG Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: competence(at)aquagroup.com.